Maya nominated me for this Award, I think she is too kind 🙂 Thanks dear!!
I have been wanting to write about the changes that I/others see in me these days but I have been procrastinating. That is when she tagged me and asked to write about “Mama SS”. Thanks for asking Maya .
The rules for the nominees are:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 “new” things about me :-
1. Amma says I have more patience now. I don’t know how I am with others but with amma I never make an effort to hide my anger.I shout almost immediately. I think this is something only my mother has seen. I feel ashamed as I am typing this but that is the truth. But these days I think before acting stupid. Though try sincerely many times I show my anger first and almost immediately repent and try to undo it by konjifying her.
Not just anger,these days I think more about how she would feel. I can say that I am becoming over protective of her. If something happens I try hard to make sure that she isn’t hurt.I did all these before too but these days it happens too often and it is too obvious.
2. Some days I just suddenly realize that I am a mother now 😀 One afternoon I even sent a message on whatsapp to my friends saying “Naan amma ayiten” (I have become a mother). I think it was sometime last week.
3. Sometimes I feel I have become more matured. Like for example If I want to do something for Volt I would prefer to do it in one way but the elders do it in another way which is not bad but something I would not have wanted.Instead of getting tensed I try to reason and accept their way, their way of showing their love for volt.
4. The Universal law holds true in our house too– volt cries/wakes up/poops when I am hungry/sleepy/wanting to do nothing. So I eat/sleep/watch TV when she is asleep.These days if B wants me to do something he tries to frighten me saying ” Idha pannalana en adiyaala (volt) ezhupi vituduven” (Do it else I will wake up volt). I immediately imagine volt in a lungi baniyan like a rowdy and laugh at my imagination 😀
5. The news of children getting killed in Gaza/Telangana accident, any news that speaks about violence against children affects me more these days.It affected me before too but these days I find it very difficult to sleep.
6. When I was pregnant I kept dreaming of putting Volt to sleep by singing nice songs. I am very bad at remembering lyrics.Very very bad. So all I do is hum. In reality, Volt remains wide awake when I sing and as soon as I stop she sleeps off . But I refuse to learn the lesson and want to continue my humming
7. My hair is falling and belly is growing at an alarming rate !!!
Thanks again Maya.
For all the Ponniyin Selvan fans out there, Kalki magazine is going to print ponniyin selvan story again with illustrations starting from 3rd august ,2014. So go and subscribe for it. I think it is going to run for 4 years.