During the first few days in Pune I didnot know a single person there. Few months later my mother joined me. We stayed there for 2 years. We had a very pleasant stay. We got to know so many nice people .Whenever I think about this city, it brings back lot of sweet memories. Some of them here,
- The nicest house that we stayed in. It was on the banks of a river, surrounded by so many trees . My morning alarm used to be the beautiful songs by the countless birds living in those trees(Seriously they never allowed us to sleep after 530 AM). Our house was built in such a way such that from every window we could see the river. On rainy days, we spent more time watching the river than the TV or anything else. Everyone who visited our house instantly fell in love with the scenery.
- The sweetest house owner. I totally respect them. There was no trouble, no trouble at all. Both the uncle and aunty are very very sweet. On the last day when we vacated, they came to our house ,helped us and then uncle ran outside and brought an auto for us. How many people would do that ? And they are still in touch.
- Those long evening/night walks that my amma and I used to go , around the apartment, enjoying the cool breeze from the river , talking about each and every single thing in this world, sometimes just listening to songs, watching the kids playing 🙂
- Those 4 buffaloes which lived on the way to our house from bus stop . Everytime I saw them I asked my amma how they have such a shiny skin 😛
- Those 6 rupees vadapavs from road side shops and samosas and kachoris. We used to have them atleast thrice a week 🙂
- The calm, beautiful, ever smiling Ganapathy on the main road.
- Those small small outings we planned and executed, completely with the help of google maps , thagara dabba buses and auto wallahs.
- Shopping in lakshmi road. We always noted down the street names and landmarks so that we could locate our fav shop next time easily, but managed to take the wrong route every single time we visited.We were always lost 🙂 and as a result we discovered new shops everytime.
- Watching tamizh movies in theatres . The max number of audience never crossed 20 🙂 but still we enjoyed.
There are so many other things which comes into my mind. This city taught me so many things and sometimes I learnt them the hard way. But I enjoyed those transitions. It made me a better person.
I love this city. It will always be close to my heart 🙂